Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I was born and raised in the Boondocks....

Hi! I'm JD. I started this blog to journal about my life as the only daughter of a Texas cattle rancher. Oh, and not only am I the only daughter of said cattle rancher, I have 7 brothers as well. But seriously, the icing on the cake is that I am the ONLY female offspring on both sides of my family. Everyone says that this is a blessing....I on the other hand do not see it that way....I see it as almost a curse!

I'd like to tell you that my life is easy as pie being the only girl in all this testosterone but it's not. I've had to toughen up just to "fit in." I "fit in" so well now with my brothers and cousins that I'm more comfortable around persons of the male persuasion than I am around those of the female persuasion.

Well I have to go for now....So much to and so little time to get it done in. Later when I have more time away from all the chaos that comes with working cattle I'll tell you all a little bit more about myself. I promise.

Until later......

JD

1 comment:

  1. I like it! Can't wait to see where this goes.

    ReplyDelete